Mmmm, the satisfaction of turning leftovers into another scrumptious meal is great 🙂
You will need:
– leftover (cooked) sausage which you should chop up into bite size pieces. I used pork and sage ones.
– 1 clove minced garlic
– a couple of drops of tabasco sauce, depending on your tastes
– 1 can chunky tomato sauce
– 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or 1 teaspoon of sugar)
– some jalapeno slices, again according to taste
Place all your ingredients except for the sausage in a shallow pan and cook on medium to high heat for about 10 minutes. Add the sausage and continue cooking until it is piping hot. Serve as is or with pasta / a chunk of fresh bread if you’re not watching your carb intake. Add a dash of pepper if you can face more heat.. Not for the faint-hearted!!