– Rice. I used Basmati – about 1/2 a cup for each portion. I’m sure the recipe will work out fine with quinoa for lower carb intake. Or with couscous if that’s what rocks your boat. The following measurements work for 2-4 portions, depending on how intense you want your Moroccan to be 🙂
– One sweet onion (white) chopped very finely
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
– 1/4 teaspoon cumin
– 1/4 teaspoon hot chili
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2-3 tablespoons pine nuts
– 2-3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
– 1/2 a cup blueberries
This dish takes 4 steps:
1) Cook the rice in boiling water for 15 minutes
2) If the blueberries are dried place them in a shallow pan and cover in water, bring to the boil and immediately remove from heat. Let them soak for 10 minutes and then blot dry on kitchen paper.
3) Fry the onion, chili, turmeric, cumin, pine nuts and sunflower seeds in olive oil. Stir continuously until the onion is translucent. Then remove from the heat.
4) Mix all your ingredients together after they have cooled down slightly.
This makes a great side for barbecued or grilled meat. Serve cold.