This is a pleasant and healthy dish which doesn’t take too much effort. Lemon pepper doesn’t have a very strong flavour so you may need to experiment with the amounts you use to match your tastes. Once your chicken is cooked well you may want to taste it to check whether you’d like to add more. You’ll find that lemon pepper and chicken make an appetizing happy marriage of tastes!
You will need (amounts serve 2):
- One large chicken breast or boneless thigh, sliced thinly in bite size pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 100 ml milk
- a handful of fresh or frozen peas
- 2 portions Brown basmati rice (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 200 ml Fresh cream (make your own)
First off, start cooking your brown rice separately. You may use regular rice but if you use the brown variety keep in mind that this takes a tad longer to cook. It is worth the effort though 🙂
Now add your peas and cook for a few more minutes. Finally add cream and cook until it thickens. To make the dish even healthier you may want to use soya cream.
Stir in your rice and serve hot.